The word yoga originates from the Sanskrit, yug, meaning harnessing energies.
- Yoga is a means of harmonizing the mind, body, and spirit.
- Yoga is for all ages.
- Yoga is about YOU – taking yourself to your edge, and is a great transformational tool.
- Yoga is a combination of breath work, stretching/postures, and relaxation. A session usually lasts for an hour and fifteen minutes.
Benefits of Yoga:
Yoga helps you develop your mental and physical potential. We all benefit from yoga. Chronic illness is relieved. Stress and tension are reduced, sometimes alleviated. Additionally, by practicing yoga and nourishing yourself with wholesome food, you begin to take control of the stress in your everyday life. The benefits are endless!
The Yogi’s path to inner peace is:
- Proper Exercise (Yoga Postures)
- Proper Breathing (Yogic Breathing)
- Proper Diet (Foods that are easily digested)
- Meditation (To purify the mind)